The OSHPTG is available to Ontario senior homeowners who pay property taxes and who have low or moderate incomes. It is an annual payment that seniors must apply for each year when they file their income tax and benefit return.
You are eligible for the grant if all of the following conditions apply to you. You:
- were at least 64 years old on December 31, 2018;
- were a resident of Ontario on December 31, 2018;
- or your spouse or common-law partner owned and occupied a principal residence on December 31, 2018, for which you or someone on your behalf paid Ontario property tax for 2018;
- were not confined to a prison or similar institution on December 31, 2018, and for the next 179 days; and
- file a 2018 income tax and benefit return in which you include an application for the OSHPTG.
To apply for the 2019 OSHPTG, you have to file a 2018 income tax and benefit return and complete the Application for the Ontario senior homeowners' property tax grant (OSHPTG) area on Form ON-BEN, Application for the 2019 Ontario Trillium Benefit and Ontario Senior Homeowners' Property Tax Grant.
You must answer the question "Are you applying for the 2019 OSHPTG?" by ticking box 6113 and then provide the amount of your 2018 eligible property tax paid beside box 6112 in Part A on page 2 of the form. See question 23 for details on the amount to enter for eligible property tax.
***For more and detail information - press this link